Start by poking around the Internet and learning as much as you can about student loans, grants, and scholarships. Here are a few places to start:
- Stafford Federal Student Loans
- Student Scholarship Search
- Student Financial Aid Services (FAFSA)
- Student Gateway to the U.S. Government
- Federal Pell Grant Program
Grants and scholarships are free money you do not have to pay back. Loans you do have to pay back, but not until after a set grace period after you graduate. By then you should have a job that allows you to make payments.
It's also a good idea to talk with a counselor at the school you've chosen. That's what they're there for.
How did you pay for school? Help others by sharing your story.