I may be a Pollyanna, but I wouldn't have it any other way, and, I love surrounding myself with other positive thinkers.
The thing is, thinking positive is standing out as an effective way to squelch stress in the midst of all the troubles of today, including low employment rates and bad news in the world's markets.
Are you a positive thinker?
Yes? Good for you.
No? You can learn, and you can learn online.
Drexel University's Goodwin College of Professional Studies offers a 12-week online course called Positive Psychology that is being used by some major organizations, including Toyota, the U.S. Army, and the U.S. Navy.
Some of the program's objectives are to:
- Compare and contrast the different theories of happiness
- Determine your own level of happiness, well-being, and life satisfaction
- Determine your own greatest traits and character strengths
- Apply proven happiness interventions to improve your personal and professional life
- Apply practical solutions for clients through Positive Psychology coaching
I love this kind of course. You earn CEUs too, which is even better.
Take control of your happiness. It is yours, after all.
Image by David De Lossy - Getty Images.