If you live near Columbia University in New York, and you like to laugh, you're extra lucky this week.
Ron Gross will host "Laughing Matters! What Role Does Humor Play in Your Life, and in Our Culture?" at 4 p.m. sharp, Thursday, Sept. 6 in the second-floor salon area at Gottesman Library, 525 West 120th Street.
Ron, the Conversation Man, will lead a Socratic conversation about:
- What makes you laugh, and why?
- Who is your favorite comic performer, author, or work?
- Is your sense of humor different from other peoples'?
- Do you find some current humor objectionable, politically incorrect, or just not funny?
- What role does humor play in our lives and culture according to philosophers, psychologists, and humorists?
You're invited to bring the funniest joke you've heard. Ron will have a display of relevant books, and refreshments.
Ron is a favorite contributor here at About Continuing Education. Here's a list of some of his articles: