If you don't see your favorite method, tell us about it!
1. The InternetThe Internet is fast becoming your best place for language learning. Any language can be learned on the Internet, including the whistled language of Silbo Gomero. Find lessons and people to practice with on these sites:
2. TelevisionLanguage learning is likely at its most relaxed on your own TV. Whether you're learning a new language from a cartoon or a DVD, it's nice to do it curled up on the sofa in your jammies. You can brush your teeth later.
Go to your TV's menu and turn on subtitles. It's a great way to see the printed word while you're listening to dialogue.
3. CDsIf you spend a lot of time in your car, language learning via CD might be just the ticket. There are all kinds of CD programs out there. I'm building this list. Tell me which are your favorites.
4. BooksLanguage learning books abound. Some are better than others. I'll continue to add to this list as I discover the best ones. Share yours.
5. Blogs, Lyrics, MiscellaneousLanguage learning can happen in the most unusual places. When you're open to learning, you pay more attention to everything around you. That's when you find new words in the least-expected places, sometimes in your own language!