Any size works.
Introductions in the classroom or at a meeting, or to energize the group after lunch.
You’ll need a a permanent marker and a fairly large blow-up beach ball that can be purchased at most discount stores.
Blow up your beach ball. Make a list of questions you’d like your participants to answer, and write a question or two on each stripe of the ball.
- What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen?
- If you were a cartoon or comic character, who would you be?
- What is the worst thing you’ve ever tasted? Did you swallow it or spit it out?
- What one thing have you kept forever that you really should throw away?
- What’s your greatest pet peeve?
- Who is your favorite person and why?
- If you were a superhero, what powers would you have?
- What was your first car and did you love it or hate it?
- Who is the most famous person you’ve met?
- What is your song and why?
- How do you celebrate your birthday?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
Toss the ball around the room. Whoever catches it gives their name and answers the question under their left thumb.
No debriefing is necessary unless the exercise involves your topic in some way.