Are you ready to teach the adults in your class? If you have doubts, you're not alone, and we're here to help. We've got 5 crucial skills you should continue to develop throughout your career, and we're continuing to develop along with you.
Need something you don't see here? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. We're here for you.
What is andragogy? Very simply, it's the teaching of adults. It's important for you, as a teacher, to understand the difference between teaching children and teaching adults, and there are differences.
Here's our list of articles to help you understand adragogy:
2. Plan Well
You already know you can't go into the classroom without a plan. No teacher does. If you could use a little help with lesson planning, we've got it:
- Easy, Effective Lesson Plan Design
- 10 Warm Ups for Lesson Plans
- Needs Assessment in the Workplace
- The Hero's Journey - Teaching Archetypes
- Alphabetical List of Ice Breakers
- Adapting Learning.com for Adults
- 7 Tips for Improving Your Public Speaking Skills
- Write SMAART Goals
- Have Your Own Personal Development Plan
3. Manage Your Classroom
Disruptions can happen in any classroom. Be prepared when they happen in yours. Adult students can be opinionated. How will you deal with the ones who step out of bounds?
4. Inspire Your Students
It's your job to inspire your students to learn. We all know that's easier said than done with some students. We'll try to help:
- You Are What You Think
- Education Quotations
- Inspire Creativity
- The Global Achievement Gap - The Importance of Asking the Right Questions, not Knowing the Right Answers
- 3 Ways to Improve Memory While Studying
- 6 Tips for Improving Your Writing
- 10 Ways to Read Faster When You Study
- 10 Ways to Be a Great Student
5. Continue to Improve
Every teacher I know is automatically wired to improve continuously. I'm sure you're no different, so these are things you likely already know. But we all need reminders on occasion, and every once in a while, we miss something obvious:
- The Sometimes Winding Path to Graduate Degrees
- What Are Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
- 5 Ways of Networking at Continuing Education Conferences
- The Power of Networking at Conferences
- 10 Ways to Prevent Alzheimer's (it's never too early)
- 10 Resources for Improving Your Writing
- Are You Choosing Stress?
- How to Meditate
- Share Your Wisdom and Advice