Which part of the GED test did you find to be the easiest? The hardest? Share your experience with the GED test. Share Your Experience
Advice to "help"
- If your first language is not English, then it might be hard for you, especially RLA, Social study, and Science. Make sure you take a lots of practice test, and understand main point. These 3 subjets are all about reading comprehensive questions. I felt that RLA was very hard for me because I was running out time. However, I believe you can do this! Just study hard and be prepared. If I passed, you can. English is not my first language neither. P.S. There were not much grammer quetions.
- —Guest Ms. Y
if you have half a brain...
- ...and the dumbest thing you did was drop out of school and not get your GED sooner, don't be like me. I waited until I was 33 because I screwed around and thought jobs would just believe I graduated HS because I'm smart. Wrong. I lost my job due to failing a random education check. I studied in July and passed yesterday. I only studied math since it was my weakest subject in school. Got a 165 math, 164 science, 173 RLA, 183 Social studies. Do yourself a favor and don't wait. You can't run away from your past forever.
- —Guest jim
Fast food jake
- I think it's ridiculous for a mom of three who was kicked out of HS because she was pregnant not to be able to get a job because of some persons idea of what is required to flip hamburgers.
- —Guest hamburger flipper
- I took the reading ged section and scored 146/150 I didnt know what to expect sknce it was suppose to be harder. So I gave it a shot and the hardest part was running out of time. The time flew. So my advice read the questions first. They ask you questions based on specific paragraphs. Its not as hard as yiu thing. Understand rhetorical questions and main topics etc. But remember it is timed and it will go by extremely fast. I wish I could have found some tips thats why I am giving mine. Good luck because the reading isnt hard at all :-)
- —Guest Never giving up
- im planing to take ged in September.
i didnt went to high school and my 1st language isnt english.im ok in math but not good in others.all i want to know how is ged 2014?
- —Guest sofia
you can pass it also.
- After only finishing the 9th grade 30 years ago. I went back to school and got my Ged. It was one of the happiest days of my life . My advise to those people who need help with math is to watch utube videos.
- —Guest I did it!!!!!
- At our school we use Aztec Software to study for the GED. It is a huge help and I don't think I could have passed the 2014 GED without using Aztec Software
- —Guest Sam Acosta
You can do it
- The only person holding u back is u. Take the first step... U can do it
- —Guest GED
2014 GED joke
- I'm so tired of hearing how hard this test is. I had nothing but F's in high school. Aside from the math, it was a breeze. I didn't study a Damn thing or even step foot in a classroom in over 15 years.. Guess what, I PASSED!!!! sure it's a lot of reading but in the end, it's common sense. You'll do fine. Just remember, your smarter than you think. Quick tip, read the question before reading the passages. Most of the time it tells you what paragraph it's referring to. Good luck.
- —Guest Dumb guy passed
Almost PASSED!! I GIVE UP!!
- I tried the GED four times and came close last time but failed though i score over 410 in each subject. I am working on my high school equivalency exams through SECRETGEDLOOPHOLE COM. It's similar to the ged but cheaper and i can retake my exams over again till I pass for free, plus I can do it online from home. BEST DAYM PART! And the college I want to attend said they'd accept certificate/diplomas from the schools they offer once I have pass.
- —Guest Greg
- I took all the parts and passed without Language part, barely! English is my second language. I failed 3 times and waitting 2 months...how I can pass this part....:-(
- —Guest daniel
2014 test is the HARDEST!
- I am currently going after my HSD but I was very close of giving up and just doing my GED I thought it would be less time consuming but my teacher told me I wasn't a good candidate for the GED because I hadn't even passed my MATH CASHEE so she said I was better off just to stay in independent studies not to mention the 2014 GED has gotten a lot harder! So Im going after my HSD I have 50 credits left and I am slow in math but I will get the other subjects out the way then do my math credits,
- —Guest ISABEL
- I officially passed all the exams. Math166, Social 158, Science 159, RLA151. It took me two months and half to complete all the exams. I studied Kaplan GED book. Make sure GED ready parcatice test before you take real test because it will tell you most likely you will pass or not. GED ready tests are similar to real exam, and also it is timed. I know it costs $6 each, but I think its worth it. In my opinion, RLA was the hardest because passage was too long and I did not have enough time to read and answer. I did not complete the test, but I passed with 151. First section was reading comprehensive 15 questions/37min. Second section was extended response. Third section was 31 questions/65min. I only had few grammer questions. Get ready for reading comprehensive questions! You need to understand the main topic so you can pick correct answer. Science and Social are also many reading comprehensive questions.
- —Guest Ms. Y
- I TOOK THE READING & LANGUAGE ARTS GED TEST I RECEIVED A 155. I THINK MY ANXIETY GOT THE BEST OF ME . I KEPT GOING OVER QUESTIONS WHICH CAUSED ME TO LOOSE ALOT OF TIME SO I WASENT ABLE TO COMPLETE ALL QUESTIONS . I FAILED THE SOCIAL STUDIES WITH A 136 . I WAS HIGHLY UPSET BECAUSE I FEEL THE KAPLAN BOOK I STUDIED DID NOT CONTAIN THE SAME MATERIAL ON THE TEST. YOU HAVE TO DO ALOT OF READING!!! YOU ALSO SHOULD KNOW HOW TO INTERRUPT THE PASSAGES !! THE SHORT ANSWERS ON BOTH TEST ARE SIMPLE EVERYTHING IS RIGHT THERE IN THE PASSAGE !!! IVE DECIDED TO RESEARCH AND STUDY MY OWN MATERIAL AND I WILL RETAKE THE SOCIAL STUDIES TEST NEXT WEEK.
- —Guest NEDA
YEEY PASSED IN FALL 2013
- I took a flight from Romania to USA for this exam. Gosh... at the beginning it was hard as English is not my native language. I took this exam THREE times.... Once i failed at grammar part( which i found it most difficult from all the subjects) then when took the exam 2nd time guess what happened THEY LOST THE EXAMS... I was really frustrated as I had to retake it The final result -grammar part was 560/1000. Got in college... he he. Keep on trying- Get your GED- Its a MUST these days
- —Guest Mihaela