From the article: What's on the GED Test?
Which part of the GED test did you find to be the easiest? The hardest? Share your experience with the GED test. Share Your Experience
- Man,,, the math test is just to hard . I can't get over that struggle take the test got 350 and got another lower score in English part got 400. Didn't do bad on the other 3 test. I want to take it before this year roll in. Need real help in that math. Pray for me
- —Guest Knight
I passed my G.E.D test.
- My advice would be to study till your eyes shut by themselves. Second, Don't buy books because if you couldn't finish in high school your probably not going to finish a big boring book. Third, don't pay for tutors because general education should be free. Go to khanacademy.org, ( it's free) it's all videos and you can rewind and ask questions. I wish I would've learned about this website sooner than I did, I would have gotten my ged ages ago. Khan academy focuses on math, science, social studies and so much more. I didn't even know how to divide and now I can do pretty much everything from system of equations to quadratics (except calculus lol I didn't get that far) I noticed they recently organized the videos by grade so if I were you I would start with 4th or 5th grade to get basic stuff reviewed and take it from there. Good luck to everyone and congrats on taking the initiative. Email me if you have any questions or need support email@example.com
- —Guest Alejandra
- Was very nervous at first. This was my first try. I passed with a 450 in math, 470 language art, 480 reading,460 social studies, 470 science. I been out of school 13years. If I can do it anybody can. I did study for math and language
- —Guest Shyvonne
Mathmatics, but only if you don't study.
- To be honest, It's not that hard if you study the basic math. You can't know EVERY equation right off the bat. Most people try to "learn" their times tables to the point of instant memory, but some people arn't able to do that, myself included. I've found that if you study the METHOD, Not the answer, you'll be better off because you might know that 2x2=4 by basic memory, just like 1+1=2, but if you don't know what addition, multiplication, fractions and such DO to each number, you're going to be in VERY deep poo-poo. I pretty much dropped out in 3rd grade as a homeschooler that barely did his work, and I am VERY confident that I have passed the test. Baffles me to see people with terrible spelling passing the essays and language arts part though. Makes me wonder if it's a lottery system and either you get picked or you don't. Lols.
- —Guest Brian Ponder
FIRST TIME ONLY PASSED 3 OUT OF 4!!
- hello , I'm a Hispanic from Honduras and I really Didn't went to school but I did learned English but I was still worried about the GED test since I Decided to take it in English and My first time I passed Science within 470, Social Studies within 440, Language Arts, Reading within 410 exactly, and A 380 on Math, I didnt took my language Arts, reading because I was not ready. but I took my Language Arts reading today but I dont have the score for that one till tomorrow. I took the Math AGAIN today and made a 360 D: and now I'm worried about that one because I only have one for chance to pass it on Dec, 14 and I dont have much time to study. but I have Faith i will pass it next time, so i'll be back on the 14th and let ya'll know if I passed or not. (: GOOD LUCK!
- —Guest kevinv
PERFECT ADVICE FOR THE GED
- A lot of people are very scared and tend to get last minute jitters-its normal! My GED test is tomorrow. and I've been getting early jitters since this week. Let me just tell you- I passed my post and practice tests I took (except for math-for my practice test-due to time limit) however the case- just remember: DO NOT GIVE UP! KEEP CALM! The day you take the test- READ CAREFULLY! The thing is- I wanted to console myself- that everything will be alright. I've been taking cases for 2 months.-and a week before the test- my mind is numb- I cant focus on any work! I haven't tackled on how to stop myself from wasting time-I should be reviewing. but somewhere-deep inside me-I know i'll be fine-and when I dig deeper inside-I'm filled with guilt-I might fail-due to no revision -1 week b4 the test! But- people! Don't make the same mistake I did! PLEASE STUDY AND REVIEW WELL!- EVERYTHNG WILL BE FINE-WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS TIME- to better future! AMEEN! \(-^_^-)/ BEST OF LUCK
- —Guest May
can't give up
- I dropped out of school my 9th grade yr. (2005) I have been. To get my GED sense then. I have passed everything but math. I got a tutor he seems to think I did great. I passed all the practice test online that he gave me. I have missed feelings about the test. I have taken it 2x this yr. I have so much ridding on this. I need and want it so bad.
- —Guest Joey
- i passe everything- writing,laguage-arts,history,and science i jes failed math! i got 360 and ranked 8 :( so how many questions did i get right? i need to try to calculate how many i need to get right when i go back to take my math???
- —Guest tasha
- I took my first GED test 5/19/2012 I passed everything but math even though my total score was above average high score I got 380 in math. I was so disappointed b/c I was confident that I would pass. But I took the math test over on 10/17/2013 and I feel like I did so much better but I'm scared of my results. I really don't Want to fail and take the new GED test in 2014. I can only pray for now And have faith. My results should be here soon!! OMG!
- —Guest Diamond
- I am taking the Ged in Dec, and like a lot of posts on here I too am worried about my math, but I am going to study and have faith.
- —Guest Nikki
- Hi everyone I just took the GED in April this year and passed everything except math! Ugh my nerves . I will take it in dec for the 4 time .. Just keep motivated to study and don't lwt your mins get in the way ! I tell myself this . I struggled with math a lot but I'm not letting this get in my way . I can do this and so can you :)
- —Guest Colleen
Ged Test Takers
- Hello out there!!I totally understand your comments.I have passed everything but math RATS!!!390 the first, my nerves the second at 360 and third 400.Now I have to pay to take the computer base b4 it all ends.Not very good on it. Just have to keep the faith.We can do it. will pray for u all.
- —Guest Ray Ray
Essay and math
- I just found out by a fluke I had not gotten my diploma and wasn't going to wait for the new ged to come out to get it all resolved and go back to school. I studied very little, only taking two pretests in science, writing and math. There is a contemporary ged test by Tom hawks or something that is very similar to the ged. I didn't cram studying for the subjects I tested for. I did the practice tests for the science but did the reading. Next time did the practice for writing but did social studies, etc. start with your easiest subject first for a confidence boost and don't stress on the math too hard, it only makes the test feel impossible and you are just setting yourself up to fail if you do. I took all tests in a week and a half and passed all the first round. 500 on math 540 on writing 580 on science 620 on reading and 660 in social studies. I last went to school twenty years ago. Don't let your head be your worst enemy. Listen to some music relax and go conquer that test. Good luc
- —Guest Fawn
- i have to take the G.E.D on Dec 5 my frist time taking it.the hardest part me is the eassy,im not good at writing never ways good ...but the only thing i can do is hope for the best
- —Guest Daniel
- I have taken GED math 4 times passes with a 440 never give up I passed everything but my average is still not high enough I take it for the last time in a couple weeks Praying! I need 12points to pass!
- —Guest kpeek
1-15 of 462Next