From the article: 10 Affordable Gift Ideas for Adult Students
What do you buy the non-traditional students on your holiday gift list? Share! We need ideas! Share your ideas!
Gift for Grad!
- For the sentimental person, a homemade card with family photo or a collage will be appreciated. Gift cards are always good and tickets to their favorite team play or to a theatrical production to celebrate. Finally, dinner is always nice and you can present your grad with an engraved gift that can be practical or simply sentimental.
- —Guest Libb
- Students are always cramming, so they're notoriously tired. Give them a Starbucks gift card or put together a Starbucks gift pack with coffee, those DELICIOUS vanilla scones, and a coffeehouse CD. Perfect!
Gift Ideas for Returning Students
- If the student has children -- offering to take them to a museum, amusement park, or something else while Mom or Dad studies for finals is a Great Big Gift. If the student is commuting and is tight for money, a filled gift card for gas is also a big support. And don't forget to help the student find time and space for herself or himself -- a spa coupon, a CD of relaxing music, etc.
- —Guest JJL
Gift ideas for Adult Students
- The gift that I treasured most was the gift of time. When someone volunteered to help with chores that took away from studying, working fulltime, and raising a child, sincerely appreciated that gift. Not all gifts are monetary. Also, gift certificates are work.
- —Guest Martha Grant
- I found Swarovski Crystal Stemware Rings. They identify each wine glass (or other stemware) by the color of the crystals. They also have a beautiful filigree bead on each one. They can be informal or formal, and will be used often. They are at: kasarodesigns.com Scroll down the home page to see the Stemware link. We have started using these as our wedding gift/student gift/housewarming gift of choice. They are new and unique and everyone really loves them.
Gift ideas for non traditional students
- Hi I will be going back to school in January after a 5 year break. If someone were to get a gift for me I would ask for a gift card to help go towards the purchase of textbooks, a gas card (especially for those that have a car and have a long commute) a laptop-something thin and light weight. And an iPad! I will be a commuter and am thinking about getting one. Many textbooks are available on the iPad and is a lot easier than lugging around huge textbooks! :-) that is a pricey gift and I am trying to convince my boyfriend to get it for me! :-D
- —Guest Jessica