From the article: Fake College Degrees
Should you buy a diploma? A fake college degree? Fake GED? Fake professional certificate? You can. You can buy fake diplomas, fake degrees, fake certificates, but should you? Tell us what you think. Tell us what you think.
- I was hoping to find support for getting an "easy" GED. Sadly, in the comments I saw here no one who wrote a positive answer, in support of taking the easy way, could manage the grammar or spelling to appear to have passed a GED. (One exception: Guest Aaron can spell, conjugate verbs and he made sense. But that was his point, right?)
- —Guest Sawyer
- IN 1998 I WENT BACK TO SCHOOL AND STUDED FOR MY GED I TOOK THE TEST 2 TIMES FRIST ONE WAS 42.8 I NEEDED 11 MORE POINTS, SO I HAD TO WAIT 6 MONTHS OR A YR TO TAKE ANOTHER TEST. SO I TOOK ANOTHER TEST IN 1998 AND I GOT A 44.8 2 POINTS AWAY FROM MY GED. AT THE TIME MY JOB TOOK THAT PAPER I HAD. IT WAS NO BIG DEAL AT THE TIME. NOW I AM 58 AND 3 YEARS AGO I LOST MY JOB. THAT MADE 3 JOBS THAT CLOSED DOWN. SO I HAD A GOOD JOB AND THEY WANTES PROOF OF GED SO I GAVE THEM THE PAPER I GAVE TO MY LAST JOB. THEY WOULD NOT EXCEPT IT. SO I THOUGHT I'LL JUST GO BACK AND TAKE A TEST TO GET THE OTHER 2 POINTS. WELL I WAS NEVER NOTIFIRED THAT THE TEST WAS GOING TO CHANGE AND THE SCORE WAS TO PASS WAS 2250 I WAS NEVER SENT ANYTHING IN THE MAIL OR NEVER SAW IT ON T.V THAT IT WAS GOING TO CHANGE. SO WAS REALLY UP SET TO FIND OUT THAT I HAD TO START ALL OVER AGAIN.THAT WAS BULL I SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED.SO I WENT BACK TO SCHOOL I FAILES 3 TIMES.CAN'T GET JOB SO NOW I FAILED BANKRUPTCY ,STILL NOT E-M
- —Guest barbara
- Say I was a mother of 2 without a formal Hs education or GED and couldnt put food on the table for my family due to the fact im lacking a piece of paper with a golden star. These types should purchase a fake GED certificate and apply for a low level job paying minimum wages and pray the fake GED gets over looked
- —Guest Me
- Some of the exam boards have folded and it is impossible to get replacements. You begin to imagine that you did these courses hence if you can't prove it then what do you do? Do you fake in despair, especially if you have to enroll or it depends on a new job! It isn't right, but then how many MPS and people in power do it? Loads! Why should plebs have to prove everything and why do celebs get bloody higher educational certificates from Universities when some haven't even got a GCSE. It all sucks!
- —Guest joyce
- I'm amazed by the lack of concern about honesty. As a former hiring manager, I can tell you that, almost without exception, an employer is going to fire an employee that lied to get the job. A fake diploma is a lie. I now work at a small college that requires a high school diploma as part of our admissions requirements. We turn away 2 -3 students every month that have spent $200 or more for a fake diploma. We have the "blacklist", just like everyother school, and we use it. Anyone that will take this route has a very poor self image.
- —Guest David
- Grow a pair and go get an education instead of being weak and trying to find an easy way out
- —Guest Wilson
dont do it
- The response that was just wrote did not have any space to say that it was only an idea for a movie. Using a fake diploma is wrong and you will get cought!
- —Guest mr. john smith
do it, only if your smart about it.
- I agree with Aaron. If you really know the in and outs of a certain job you are trying to get but can't because it requires a college diploma. Go for it. But make sure you go threw some practice first. An acting class helps allot! Be the person who studied all those nights, talk about stories pertaining to your days at college, visualize it, then be it. Make sure the diploma is very legit, feel confident and never for a moment think it won't work or second guess your self.(if you go this rout). Remember more often then not the employers want some one who can get the job done. I myself did it this way and currently have my own talent and modeling business.I got 2 great jobs as an event coordinator and in marketing advertising.
- —Guest mr. john smith
Fake GED etc
- I cannot believe there are people who fake a diploma. Having a university career is important not just for getting a job, it is also for being a better person!
- —Guest Sandra M
Fake GED etc
- For GED and diploma, I think they should be illegal to produce a fake paper. It is to easy and inexpensive (comparatively) to take the test and prove that you really have earned it. For college degrees there should be a way that experience people can test out of say half the work to prove that they have the knowledge for that degree so they dont have to start from scratch. But II still feel it is not fair for those that have earned a degree and those that have bought one.
- —Guest LK
Only if you're smart
- If it's a business degree and you have already learned a lot on your own, then go for it. If you're not fit for the job, then chances are you won't even pass the interview.
- —Guest Aaron
Not worth it
- Anyone can check out your credentials if they look long enough. It makes no sense to purchase a fake degree because you'll actually need to use the skills you've learned in school to do your job. Plus, if someone finds out, your career could be permanently damaged. No one wants a liar on his or her team!
- —Guest Kelly
- It defeats the whole purpose, right? An education prepares you for a job. If the education is an illusion, the employer that hires you will be ripped off. I think employers should each have their own little "blacklist"of false institutions who sell degrees and not hire anyone who presents such credentials.
Online Gone Wild?
- As an educator with lots of degrees, I always wonder about the efficacy of online schools. But fake diplomas are a real challenge, although districts who would hire somebody with them would have to be pretty desperate.
- I see no good reason to get a fake diploma/degree/GED. If those credentials are used to get a job, how could you possibly be prepared enough to do the work?
- —Guest Jen