WHY I DECIDED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL
- I REALLY WANTED TO GO TO COLLEGE AFTER HIGH SCHOOL BUT AT THE TIME THAT WAS NOT AN OPTION SO I WENT IN THE MILITARY AND AT THAT TIME IT WAS 1973, 40 YEAR AGO . AFTER GETTING OUT OF THE MILITARY I STILL DID NOT HAVE THE FUNDS TO GO TO COLLEGE FOR YOU SEE I WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE AND THEN GO ON TO LAW SCHOOL, BUT NOW AFTER THE KIDS HAS GROWN UP AND MOVED ON I AM IN COLLEGE GETTING MY DEGREE IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE WITH HOPE OF GOING TO LAW SCHOOL FOR I AM STILL GOING TO GO AFTER MY DREAM AND AFTER GOING BACK I FEEL GREAT I LOOK FORWARD TO EACH CLASS THE ASSIGNMENTS THE DISCUSSIONS WITH THE OTHER STUDENTS EVEN AT MY AGE THEY DO NOT LOOK DOWN OR GIVE ME A FREE RIDE WE HAVE LIVELY DISCUSSION AND THAT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE I JUST HATE THAT IT TOOK SO LONG BUT NOW THAT I HAVE THE CHANCE I WILL MAKE THE BEST OF IT.
- —Guest RON MCCOVEY
- I left my matric so I wanna finish my 2 subject because I see if you don't have matric you can't go anyway with life. So that is why I need it
- —Guest Mphile Nkosi
- Am a male Ugandan aged 42 years of age,looking after 13 orphan.I decided to go back to so as I may get ajob after my degree in development studies. I have failed to pay tuition fee and I may not sit for exams on Monday the 2nd
- —Guest Dominic
Dropout of school
- It wasnt my intention to dropout of school but now im struggling cause all de courses that im doing need matric so thats why i need 2 have my matric certificate.it seems as everything is stopping due to de fact of not having matric so please help me to fulfil my dream
- —Guest Thandi
- I have not gone back to school, but I truly wish I could. I feel like I have fallen through the cracks of education. I was the kid that got left back in the first grade. How does one get left back in the first grade? In the seventh grade, I could barely read a third grade reader. However, while in the seventh grade I had a great teacher who inspired to read; unknown to him. I recall how he would give us students added information on pretty much and subject he touched on. I was so amazed with this I started to read more just to know than I had previously. Big surprise, over the summer, my reading had jumped a few grades. So much so, that I was required to retake a reading test over again. Over the years, I had continue to improve with my reading and I became a avid reader. My present problem is basic English grammar. A lot of my writing is intuitive, but I want to know how and why, the mechanics if you will, of writing.
- —Guest Ray
going back to school
- I realy need to go back to school because I need a matric cetificate so that I can achieve ♍Ɣ dream and go to univercity
- —Guest fikile catrine tshabalala
back to school
- I feel as if I don't know enough I'm willing to learn no matter how long it takes. I need guidance.
- —Guest annie garcia
I hate this
- I lost my job and couldn't find another. I've been to school twice, to no avail, so I decided I would go back and pursue tech writing because writing is all I can do. Then I found a good job that fit the schooling, but now that I'm in school I hate it. I wanted a family, not this. But my bf left me and I'm old and no one wants me. I don't want to be in school; I wanted to get married and have a family. Although on paper this is all good, IRL it sucks. It's too hard and I just don't have the strength to go on alone. I wish I could quit, but VR is paying for it and now I'm stuck. Maybe I'll get lucky and my new water heater will explode and kill me. What do you do when you don't want to do what you did?
- —Guest Mabel
Lies on top of lies
- I lied to my husband,(my boyfriend then)about graduating from high school, was so ashamed of my lack of education, although I knew I was smart, and personal situations held me back. After almost 20 years of lies he knows the truth, wish I would have done this a long time ago!
- —Guest StartingOver
Community college is a great option
- I dropped out of college 2 years ago (because I ran out of money), but I thought it would be okay to take a break since I had over 5 years' experience as an administrative assistant on my resume. Turns out that these days, employers would rather have someone with a liberal arts degree and no experience than someone with a lot of experience but no degree, so I begged my parents/in-laws for money to attend the paralegal studies program at my local community college. I started applying for paralegal jobs a month after I started classes in the program, and right away I got two interviews, one of which resulted in an offer that I accepted. I had originally enrolled as a "quick fix" (the paralegal program required the least amount of time to complete based on my previous credits), but as it turns out, I happen to love my new field! With my new earning potential, I hope to be able to afford my bachelor's degree, and then perhaps pursue law school.
- —Guest Melissa
- I immigrated in USA with three minor children 20 years at age 41. The little money Soviet Government allowed us to bring (around $2K as well as US government help $400) were stolen by the church, who named for us "sponsors". After 2 weeks of arrival I refused to sign "Living will" for that "church" on my children and my apartment in Moscow and 2 weeks after landing in USA we were left without sponsors and any meanings to live. We were cleaning motels, and do all kinds of jobs possible for us (children were 14, 12 and 6) Eventually I was able to get RN degree and work as RN for 13 years. My brother lives in Canada, and I decided to move closer to him. But Canada does not accept RN license in USA even as LPN. I need to get at least BSN license in Nursing (though in Russia I worked 20 years in Moscow as MD). In USA it is close to impossible for foreign white MD to be licensed in USA.Google: Foreign-Trained Doctors Kept Out of Practice in
- —Guest Olga Dunina
best revenage is to be sucessful
- I need a carrer I have a daughter Im only 20 and I need to show My daughter that Im not quitting and prove to myself that Im capable of doing n building a better future for us.
- —Guest cathy
Purpose of college
- I want to further my education for better pay and to provide for My family.
- —Guest Eboni
why i want to go back
- I want to make a better life for my daughter and I it is hard being a single mom with very little help from her dad. I did get my ged but that dont get you far in these times
- —Guest Erica
be cause i need to own my thing.
- I decided to go back to school, be cause I need to own my own thing. But I didn't have a chance to finish school. When I was in Haiti.
- —Guest Marc larintz P.