Lies on top of lies
- I lied to my husband,(my boyfriend then)about graduating from high school, was so ashamed of my lack of education, although I knew I was smart, and personal situations held me back. After almost 20 years of lies he knows the truth, wish I would have done this a long time ago!
- —Guest StartingOver
Community college is a great option
- I dropped out of college 2 years ago (because I ran out of money), but I thought it would be okay to take a break since I had over 5 years' experience as an administrative assistant on my resume. Turns out that these days, employers would rather have someone with a liberal arts degree and no experience than someone with a lot of experience but no degree, so I begged my parents/in-laws for money to attend the paralegal studies program at my local community college. I started applying for paralegal jobs a month after I started classes in the program, and right away I got two interviews, one of which resulted in an offer that I accepted. I had originally enrolled as a "quick fix" (the paralegal program required the least amount of time to complete based on my previous credits), but as it turns out, I happen to love my new field! With my new earning potential, I hope to be able to afford my bachelor's degree, and then perhaps pursue law school.
- —Guest Melissa
- I immigrated in USA with three minor children 20 years at age 41. The little money Soviet Government allowed us to bring (around $2K as well as US government help $400) were stolen by the church, who named for us "sponsors". After 2 weeks of arrival I refused to sign "Living will" for that "church" on my children and my apartment in Moscow and 2 weeks after landing in USA we were left without sponsors and any meanings to live. We were cleaning motels, and do all kinds of jobs possible for us (children were 14, 12 and 6) Eventually I was able to get RN degree and work as RN for 13 years. My brother lives in Canada, and I decided to move closer to him. But Canada does not accept RN license in USA even as LPN. I need to get at least BSN license in Nursing (though in Russia I worked 20 years in Moscow as MD). In USA it is close to impossible for foreign white MD to be licensed in USA.Google: Foreign-Trained Doctors Kept Out of Practice in
- —Guest Olga Dunina
best revenage is to be sucessful
- I need a carrer I have a daughter Im only 20 and I need to show My daughter that Im not quitting and prove to myself that Im capable of doing n building a better future for us.
- —Guest cathy
Purpose of college
- I want to further my education for better pay and to provide for My family.
- —Guest Eboni
why i want to go back
- I want to make a better life for my daughter and I it is hard being a single mom with very little help from her dad. I did get my ged but that dont get you far in these times
- —Guest Erica
be cause i need to own my thing.
- I decided to go back to school, be cause I need to own my own thing. But I didn't have a chance to finish school. When I was in Haiti.
- —Guest Marc larintz P.
Who does that??
- Sandra Allen October 17. When did workstudy become a job for over 35 and not working on a graduate degree???
- —Guest Sandra Allen
I need High School Diploma
- I need high school Diploma to study in some Music College i want to start my music career in a professional way ...
- —Guest Manmi
- Had to close my business and didn't want to work in retail anymore, so I went back to school to learn about chemistry. I have 3 kids and have to drive over an hour to get to school, but I don't regret it. If I didn't go back to school at the time I did, I might not have gone back at all.
- —Guest JW
why i wont to go back to school.
- I wont a change in my life i'm tired of everyday not knowing were i'm gone sleep or what i'm gone eat just everything that's going on in my life right now is not something i wont anymore i wont to better myself.
- —Guest Tanisha
to get education
- I was a drug addict for six years but now I am clean and free for two years and I believe that is never to late because I have faith and now I want to help people that is in the some situation that I was that's why I wanna study social worker.
- —Guest sean masemola
- I really wanna study but due to lack of financial i coudn't afford to continue my studies..after a year fo nothing. I decide to work overseas. Perhaps looking for luck. So while working here i realize that learning is very essential for my career. So decide to go back to school..
- —Guest dreamer
need help to achieve my aim
- am pursuing a certificate programme in ICT and need help to complete my education
- —Guest kherub
The Benefit of a Degree
- I needed to re-invent myself. After working in one industry/profession for 20 years; no longer qualified WITHOUT a degree or certificate Plus want to move into new field
- —Guest Tina