You're back in school after age 25. Why? To earn a long-yearned-for GED credential? A degree or advanced degree? To get a better-paying job? For the sheer thrill of lifelong learning
? Tell us why you decided to go back to school and what you're learning. Tell us why.
i want to go back to school
- i gt pregnant at de age of 19 repeating grade 10 n passd n gave bith in 2013 january,den i stayed at home to raise my child nw m 20 yrs want to go back 2 school bt i cnt afford school fees i dnt knw wat to do pls help!i want 2 b a chemical lab engineer
- —Guest shirley
- I realy want to go to school i droped out i was with the wrong crowed did wrong thngs now i dont hve a report bt want to go to school
- —Guest Sibahle
i need an adivice
- My boyfriend was in polythenic but his parent and family did not help him drop out from school and now he isnot working
- —Guest Ama
education is the key of success
- because i see if you are not educated you can`t survive nice,im talking about jobs but if u educated everything is going easy in your life
- —Guest nomampondomise
I need help
- I failed my matrix on year 2012. The problem is that I can't go anywhere now my parents have no money to take me to finishing schools. If anyone can help please tell me what to do I really want to go to school. 0849556367. Pietermaritzburg PO BOX 29 Elandskop 3226
- —Guest Thanduxolo khumalo
why I want to go back to school
- I really need to finish my matric without matric you can't go anywhere
- —Guest busisiwe
go back to school
- I'm 70 years old. I believe that studying is the best way to keep busy, mostly if we really enjoy what we are doing. It's never late.
- —Guest fernanda
WHY I DECIDED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL
- I REALLY WANTED TO GO TO COLLEGE AFTER HIGH SCHOOL BUT AT THE TIME THAT WAS NOT AN OPTION SO I WENT IN THE MILITARY AND AT THAT TIME IT WAS 1973, 40 YEAR AGO . AFTER GETTING OUT OF THE MILITARY I STILL DID NOT HAVE THE FUNDS TO GO TO COLLEGE FOR YOU SEE I WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE AND THEN GO ON TO LAW SCHOOL, BUT NOW AFTER THE KIDS HAS GROWN UP AND MOVED ON I AM IN COLLEGE GETTING MY DEGREE IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE WITH HOPE OF GOING TO LAW SCHOOL FOR I AM STILL GOING TO GO AFTER MY DREAM AND AFTER GOING BACK I FEEL GREAT I LOOK FORWARD TO EACH CLASS THE ASSIGNMENTS THE DISCUSSIONS WITH THE OTHER STUDENTS EVEN AT MY AGE THEY DO NOT LOOK DOWN OR GIVE ME A FREE RIDE WE HAVE LIVELY DISCUSSION AND THAT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE I JUST HATE THAT IT TOOK SO LONG BUT NOW THAT I HAVE THE CHANCE I WILL MAKE THE BEST OF IT.
- —Guest RON MCCOVEY
- I left my matric so I wanna finish my 2 subject because I see if you don't have matric you can't go anyway with life. So that is why I need it
- —Guest Mphile Nkosi
- Am a male Ugandan aged 42 years of age,looking after 13 orphan.I decided to go back to so as I may get ajob after my degree in development studies. I have failed to pay tuition fee and I may not sit for exams on Monday the 2nd
- —Guest Dominic
Dropout of school
- It wasnt my intention to dropout of school but now im struggling cause all de courses that im doing need matric so thats why i need 2 have my matric certificate.it seems as everything is stopping due to de fact of not having matric so please help me to fulfil my dream
- —Guest Thandi
- I have not gone back to school, but I truly wish I could. I feel like I have fallen through the cracks of education.
I was the kid that got left back in the first grade. How does one get left back in the first grade?
In the seventh grade, I could barely read a third grade reader. However, while in the seventh grade I had a great teacher who inspired to read; unknown to him.
I recall how he would give us students added information on pretty much and subject he touched on. I was so amazed with this I started to read more just to know than I had previously.
Big surprise, over the summer, my reading had jumped a few grades. So much so, that I was required to retake a reading test over again.
Over the years, I had continue to improve with my reading and I became a avid reader.
My present problem is basic English grammar. A lot of my writing is intuitive, but I want to know how and why, the mechanics if you will, of writing.
- —Guest Ray
going back to school
- I realy need to go back to school because I need a matric cetificate so that I can achieve ♍Ɣ dream and go to univercity
- —Guest fikile catrine tshabalala
back to school
- I feel as if I don't know enough I'm willing to learn no matter how long it takes. I need guidance.
- —Guest annie garcia
I hate this
- I lost my job and couldn't find another. I've been to school twice, to no avail, so I decided I would go back and pursue tech writing because writing is all I can do. Then I found a good job that fit the schooling, but now that I'm in school I hate it. I wanted a family, not this. But my bf left me and I'm old and no one wants me. I don't want to be in school; I wanted to get married and have a family. Although on paper this is all good, IRL it sucks. It's too hard and I just don't have the strength to go on alone. I wish I could quit, but VR is paying for it and now I'm stuck. Maybe I'll get lucky and my new water heater will explode and kill me. What do you do when you don't want to do what you did?
- —Guest Mabel