A learning and development consultant since 1991, Deb has designed, written, and delivered corporate training programs for adults at companies of all sizes, from family-owned shops to major corporations.
She has taught creative writing workshops for adults as an adjunct in the Continuing Education department at Arkansas State University Mountain Home (ASUMH).
She is currently the owner/creator of Marvelous! Magazine, a bi-monthly mag for women who create the life they want and live it passionately. It is the consummate exercise in lifelong learning—pulling together skills from all parts of your life and jumping in to learn whatever you need to know.
- Marvelous! Magazine - Create a bi-monthly women's magazine—lifelong learning at its best.
- Arkansas State University Mountain Home (ASUMH) - Taught creative writing workshops.
- The St. Paul Companies - Designed, developed, and piloted management programs.
- Bachman's - Designed and developed in-store retail training; managed and presented the Bachman’s School of Development leadership courses for executives, managers, and supervisors; designed and delivered new employee orientation, job-related seminars for employees, seasonal preparation of employees.
- Software, Etc. - Wrote coaching and sexual harassment seminars for managers.
- Radisson - Created account executive training.
- Northwest Airlines - Created, managed, and delivered worldwide leadership training; initial technical, customer service, and sales training for new agents (classroom, computer-based self-study, on-the-job shadowing, probation, and performance evaluation).
B.A. English from St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN
By Deb Peterson:
Ever since I joined the Dr. Seuss book club in second grade, I've been in love with learning. The great thing about learning is that it doesn't have to stop when you graduate from school. This site is about the myriad ways we learn when we're past age 25.
Some of us are after the satisfaction of earning a GED credential. Some are studying for graduate degrees. Others are lifelong learners of every age seeking the thrill of learning something new, whether it's another language, an art, or how to identify rocks. It doesn't matter. I hope you find here whatever you need to keep learning. If you don't find what you need, talk to me. I'll do whatever I can to help.
You can find answers to many common questions on our FAQ page, or email me at adulted (at) aboutguide.com.