Ron GrossRon Gross champions great conversations through numerous books, widespread speaking, and provocative activism.
He often appears as Socrates, the patron saint of good talk, based on his book Socrates' Way: Seven Master Keys to Using Your Mind to the Utmost.
Ron co-chairs the University Seminar on Innovation in Education at Columbia University. The focus of this seminar is on the process of learning -- in individuals, organizations, and society. Its scope includes learning throughout the lifespan, and via major institutions such as mass media, libraries, volunteer organizations, cyber-culture, and educational systems.
Ron is associated with Conversation Cafe, a website that promotes community, democracy, and wisdom worldwide through generating millions of open, respectful public conversations. Visit the Cafe and join a conversation.
- Ronald Gross Honored for Achievements in Lifelong Learning (2013 Malcolm S. Knowles Memorial Award of the International Society for Self-Directed Learning)
- Ron Gross Elected to the Hall of Fame for Lifelong Learning (2013 from the International Adult and Continuing Education Association)
You can reach Ron at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sue SalkoRon often writes with Sue Salko of the University Seminar on Innovation. Sue is founder/director of Fluid Moves for Life. She is a consultant, speaker, social worker, and senior advocate. She also writes dance reviews for the New York Theatre Guide.
You can reach Sue at email@example.com. Click on "more images" for a photo of Sue.
Read Ron's and Sue's contributions to Continuing Education at About.com:
- Self-Directed Learning: Educating for the Next Century
- Sharing the Stories of Our Lives
- Creative Aging, Part 1: Transforming the Lives of Older Americans
- Creative Aging, Part 2: Who's the Muse of Creative Aging?
- Top 12 Lessons on Aging for Teachers of Adults
- Telling the Stories of Your Life
- Learning About Democracy at Zucotti Park in the Occupy Wall Street Movement
- Your Personal Intelligences
- Are You a Grouper or a Stringer?
- Learning Styles in the Workplace
- Learning Styles Inventory - Your Peak Learning Time
- The Importance of Meaningful Conversation
- Reach Your Goal with a Learning Project Plan